I HAVE ARRANGED AN APPOINTMENT TO REQUEST AA VISA AT THE VISA CENTER LOCATED IN NEW YORK, USA. I HAVE FINISHED FILLING OUT AND PRINTING MY APPLICATION FOR A VISA, AND I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED MY PASSPORT PHOTO. WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I HAVE TO BRING? THERE IS NOTHING MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE OF BLS. I AM AWARE OF THE AMOUNT PAYABLE, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHETHER I CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT IN CASH AT THE CENTER, OR IF IT MUST PRESENT A BLANK MONEY ORDER. COULD YOU PROVIDE A CLEARER EXPLANATION OF THE PROCESS? OBVIOUSLY, I WILL BRING MY APPLICATION AND MY U.S. PASSPORT, BUT IS THAT ALL THAT I NEED TO BRING? I HAVE TO ENSURE THAT THIS APPOINTMENT IS GOING TO SUCCEED.
The Indian Consulate in New York has outsourced its visa processing to Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd, 2nd Floor, 235 West 23rd Street, New York-10011. Applicants are advised to contact CKGS directly at the address mentioned above to make an appointment to submit a visa application. CKGS is the only authorized Service Provider for the CGI, New York through which to obtain visa services.
Payments can be made Online using a Credit Card online, or you can make your credit card payment at the VAC, and convenience charges apply for Credit Cards. Payment has to be made separately for each applicant. Cash cannot be sent together with your application, and personal checks are not accepted.
Supporting documents required are:
- Passport valid for 6 months after the date of arrival in India, with 2 blank pages;
- Signed application form, and one recent 2 x 2 passport type color photograph, front view against a plain/white background,
- Proof of State Residency: Identity cards/valid driver’s license; recent utility bills (water, gas, electric, sewage), not older than 90 days; Copy of valid lease showing the signature of landlord and tenant;
- Signed additional particulars form;
- Copy of payment receipt;
- Visa checklist;
- Order form; and
- Courier service form.
After submitting the online visa application, the procedure is as follows:
- An application ID is automatically generated and should be noted to use in any further communication with the Indian Mission/VAC in New York
- An appointment is scheduled with the VAC or Indian Embassy in New York
- The payment amount is stipulated and the means to pay indicated.
Where payment is made online, proof must be brought to the interview.