Planning a trip to India is as easy as applying online for an e-Tourist, e-Business, or e-Medical visa. Visiting India and experiencing the unique cultures, which are as diverse and colorful as the country itself, is well worth the small effort of completing the Indian visa online application form.
Firstly check whether your country of origin appears on the list of countries eligible for the electronic or e-Visa. If not, nationals from certain countries may have to apply for a regular visa through the Indian Consulate or Indian Mission handling their particular jurisdiction region-wise. Applying for a regular visa entails completing the same application for an India visa online.
Next, applicants must decide which type of visa is required. While the Government of India offers a variety of visas depending on the reason for visiting India and the duration of stay within India, e-Visas only allow for short-stays for the purposes of tourism, business/conference or short-duration medical visits. Visits longer than 60 days and visa types that require visits to the Consulate must be pre-empted by the same online application.
Take Your Time
While completing the Indian online visa application form, don’t rush. Take care to answer all the questions honestly and correctly as errors cannot be corrected once the form is submitted, and the entire application will then have to be started over from scratch. Always review your answers before submitting.
The first step to applying for the Indian visa online is to open the official Indian visa application form online. Any warnings about the security of the website can safely be bypassed. The most common reason for rejecting online applications has typically been selecting the wrong Indian Mission/Indian Consulate. These venues are based on the applicant’s current residence and not necessarily the applicant’s permanent address. In some countries, a non-resident form may have to be filed when making application while away from the permanent address. Furthermore, applications made while abroad should have the hotel listed as a present address, with the home address filled in as a permanent address.
Some Tips to Avoid Rejection
- Select OTHER from the profession options and provide a profession rather than selecting UNEMPLOYED. Journalists applying for tourist visas should not select journalism-related professions.
- Select TOURIST as a visa type coupled with TOURISM as Purpose of Visit, as tourism visas are easiest and less stringent.
- Indian visas become valid from the date of approval rather than the date of arrival in India.
- Omitting a country noted by Immigration in your passport may be the reason for rejection. When listing countries visited in the last 10 years, simply attach an official letter listing the countries not included in the space provided on the form.
- Do not leave the References in India section blank even though they will likely not be checked; they must be included. Use the initial hotel in which you intend to stay in India as a reference.
Help is just a click away on our website to visit India!