ALL ABOUT THE INDIAN BUSINESS VISA
Travelers embarking on a trip to India for business purposes will be required to apply for Indian Business Visa. Visits associated with sales related ventures or for establishing contact with Indian businesses on behalf of a company located in any other country are eligible to apply for an Indian Business Visa.
India Visa Online is an approved Indian Visa Agency which assists applicants to apply for an Indian Business Visa using the online process. The agency maintains helpful updates via email throughout the online processing of the Indian Business Visa.
The Indian Business Visa must be issued from the country of origin, and is only issued in accordance with India’s business requirement rules:
- The applicant must be an expert in the field of the intended business
- The applicant must be of sound financial standing
- The applicant’s intention is not to enter into petty trading or money lending within India
- The applicant does not intend to take up permanent employment in India for a salary
- The applicant must comply with all standard regulations, including but not limited to the payment of tax liabilities
- The applicant must have permanent residency of no less than two years in the country of origin.
These conditions are subject to change in accordance with India’s rules and regulations.
Foreign nationals visiting for the following purposes may be eligible for an Indian Business Visa:
- exploring potential possibilities or establishing a business or industrial enterprise in India
- purchasing or selling consumer goods, industrial or commercial products
- for manpower recruitment purposes
- to attend board meetings, for technical meetings or discussions or for conferences intended to provide business support
- to participate in exhibitions, trade or business fairs, or to consult accordingly
- for preliminary investigation preceding prospective contracts or projects
- as partners and/or directors of a company, or tour operators and travel agents involved in projects of local importance
- as buyers to transact, provide specifications, monitor quality, place orders or negotiate with local Indian suppliers or businesses
- specialists and experts in the scope of involvement in a project in India to monitor or provide technical expertise
- For in-house training at a regional Indian hub as a trainee for a multinational organization
- Student beneficiaries of AIESEC on internships.
A business visa is typically valid for 1 year or more from the date of issuance for multiple entries for a stay of up to 6 months. The Indian business visa for US citizens permits multiple-entries for 5-years or 10-years. Foreign business people considering establishing a joint venture in India may apply for 10 year Indian visa valid for multiple-entries. The validity of the visa does not begin at the date of entry into India but from the date of issue of the visa.
An India business visa may be extended to a maximum of 5 years if valid for less than five years, under the following circumstances:
- Where annual turnover or gross sales pertinent to the applicable business venture exceeds Rs. 1-crore;
- The Ministry of Home Affairs grants the first extension of the Indian Business Visa;
- Subsequent extensions may be granted on year by year basis by FRRS, FROs, the State government, or UT administrations dependent on supporting documentation, good conduct, and absence of adverse input and/or security issues;
- In the event of denial of an application for extension, the applicant is required to depart the country in accordance with the validity of the existing Indian Business Visa.
A receipt number is issued after the application form is electronically submitted for approval. This may be used to track the progress of the Indian visa online application. Approval is typically given after a minimum of four working days. The e-TV or Electronic Travel Authorization is sent to the applicant in the form of a PDF via email. Applicants must print a copy to be kept on their person for the duration of their travels.
As an Indian Visa Agency, we can assist you in applying for an Indian Business Visa Online in a simple 3-step process:
- Step 1: Apply online
- Step 2: Submit Payment (We accept PayPal)
- Step 3: Check your emails for your travel authority, which must be printed out and carried on your person during your trip.
Indian Visa Online assists business travelers in processing online Indian e-visas for approval. As an Indian Visa Agency, no affiliation exists to any organizations or the Government of India.